Saturday, May 19, 2012

Going to the Zoo

Thursday night after work, a few of the girls from work went out to this cute little cafe out on the river downtown. I had never been there before, but there was live music, fried foods and a cool breeze. It was relaxing and nice to get an evening out. If you squint while sitting on the water you can almost imagine you are somewhere where the water is clear and blue. :) haha.

Husband took this past Friday off, on a day that I already had off so we could take our little monkey to the zoo. It was great to be able to spend a morning together, enjoying each other's company. It was relaxing, we really ought to do that more often.

After coming home and having lunch, all three of us had a nap. It was glorious. I think I got in two hours of sleep, it was definitely amazing. All I had really wanted for mother's day was a nap, and it didn't pan out since little monkey didn't nap that day either. So I finally got my nap, just a few days late!

Once we all woke up, I did our grocery shopping while C and C stayed behind and watered and played outside. It was a simple day, but so incredibly enjoyable. Sometimes it really is the little things, you know? Also, I think I really enjoy grocery shopping at Target. It may or may not be because I enjoy perusing the clothes section. And their toy section really puts WalMart to shame. Sometimes I can't pull myself out of there!

Monday should be relaxing as well. Don't have much planned, just need to work on planning a baby shower! :) Fun stuff!

Hope you all have a fantastic rest of the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment