Saturday, June 2, 2012

Catching up

Sorry blog, for being MIA lately. So much goes on sometimes that I can't even keep my head straight. I have been so busy lately. And the busy-ness this past week just caught up to me. By Thursday I was a cranky irritable mess. I couldn't wait to for the weekend to arrive. I don't know if it was a combination of not having two days off in a row for over 2 weeks or what, but the 4 days of working this past week just pushed me a little over the edge. On top of that, I didn't get any workouts in. So, by the time this weekend rolled around, I really needed it. 

Thankfully, this weekend was just what the doctor ordered. We went to our first Lifegroup on Friday night and it was a breath of fresh air. We slept in late the next morning, until 8 am! I sternly warned husband NOT TO WAKE ME, the night before. (And yes, I probably said it just like that). I was happily sleeping when husband decided he was going to break the rules a little. Silly boy cooked me egg in a hole toast, and stuck it right by my nose in bed. I smelled it, and therefore woke up at 8. It wasn't so bad, not with breakfast in bed. Plus, sleeping til 8 am? I don't remember the last time I did that.

On to a few pictures.


I caught Camden playing with my iPhone the other day, and he was randomly in the Places feature. Look what was pinpointed? I found that odd. I don't really know where this is either, just thought it was pretty cool.




This would be a picture of Camden's left toe. It has far less toenail than even this picture now. Last weekend he pulled a heavy lawn chair over it, bending the nail back and causing it to bleed. He cried pretty hard at first, then once we kissed it he was okay. He has spent the last week pointing and telling us "toe". He hasn't been too fond of wearing bandaids, until we bought the Mickey Mouse ones. He thought those were pretty darn cool. We do think he will end up losing that toenail, as it seems to lift up more and more each day.




This picture is from one of our walks around the neighborhood. On the way home a neighbor has this bench at the end of his yard. Camden almost ALWAYS climbs up on it. This day he apparently needed a little rest break to make it the rest of the way home. I edited this photo with a new app I found in the app store called Snapseed. It seems lots of fun, I just haven't figured it all out yet.



A picture from the walk. He insisted on wearing his shades. My little tow-head.




This gum is addicting. I LOVE it. The girls at work introduced me to this flavor and since then there has been no looking back. The hard part is that it is difficult to find. Between all of us at work, we've searched most of the area Targets!!




We've been doing more family exercising if we can. Here we took a bike ride around then rode our bikes up to the local sno cone stand. It was Camden's first sno cone, and I'd say it was a success. It was a nice family evening too!!

Get it done little C!


Signing that it was "all done". We will definitely be hitting up that stand again. In fact, I think we are going to go for bike rides here in a bit to feed the geese nearby and then have an evening snocone. I really needed this weekend, and we still have Sunday Funday planned of church and swimming after naptime. Sound glorious right?

Have a fantastic weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment