Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Great Wolf Lodge

I know I'm way behind, but the sickies had me down. I finally caved and this past Monday I called my doctor and they agreed to call me in a prescription without seeing me. Thank goodness, cause ain't nobody got time fo' 'dat. This brings me to Great Wolf Lodge. I finally need to discuss it's awesomeness. We hit up the Great Wolf Lodge in Grapevine. It was huge. We literally had to walk a mile to our room because we were all the way at the end. of. the. hall.



It was a nice little room with a TV, free wifi(that was slow) and a fridge. We had enough room to store our stuff, plus a little partition in the room and we put the pack and play on the other side so Camden could settle and go to sleep while the rest of us stayed up and watched tv or whatnot.

 But forget the room. The main reason 3 of us went was just for the waterpark. And it was AWESOME! Camden had a blast, trying to be mister independent. He would walk under all of the water mushroom/water type things, walk through the waves - he wanted to be left alone. So that's what we did. Left him alone but had to follow him around non-stop because occasionally homeboy did fall and he isn't so awesome at standing back up yet. He would usually fall face first and I'd slowly lift him up in hopes that he was paying attention at how I was picking him up so that he could learn to do it himself.

We spent the majority of our time at the baby pool because it was only 18'' deep and Camden could navigate it easily. The slides were perfect for him.





We did spend some time in the wave pool and the lazy river, and Camden even enjoyed standing under the large bucket and getting water dumped on us. I think it amazed him every time. We 'swam' in the hot tub, because it was big enough and Camden kept shivering. Husband and I let him practice jumping in to us, and even dunked him under the water and pushed him to the other one of us in true 'swim' form. I think people thought we were nuts because they would ask us "uh, how old is he?" which followed with "is he in swim lessons? Well, that explains it.". I think they expected him to be super upset about all of the dunking, but he couldn't get enough.

Husband and I even got to try one of the big slides. The big ones hold up to four people and let me tell you, that was pretty stinking intense! I was amazed at how big it was, and how fast it was. I definitely enjoyed it.

After swimming we ate pizza at the hotel one night, it was really good! We also ate some of their poolside snacks and indulged in some ice cream. It was all good and the place was just so kid friendly. I know we didn't see the half of it because they have plenty of other programs and things to do for younger kids. I saw children running around waving wands and making things light up. It looked neat, may have to investigate that as C gets older.






Overall it was an awesome place, and I am looking forward to going back when C can go on even more slides! :)

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad that you guys had fun!!! We love GWL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that you guys had fun!!! We love GWL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe you were in Texas and we didn't play together. 3 months and we can play! Looks like you had a great time!!! xo Missy

    ReplyDelete