Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Day in the Life: Fall 2012

This is a post about a Day In Our Life - Fall Edition. Linking up with Laura at Navigating the Mothership. 

I documented Saturday, October 20th.
I'll mention that the entire weekend was a whirlwind of busy, and that Friday night we drove round trip to Stillwater to partake in the awesome activties that are OSU walkarounds and enjoyed the housedecs. Afterwards we met up with friends, so we didn't get home until 12:30 or so.
Saturday Morning started off bright and early, a little too early for my liking.
8AM - Woke up to an empty bed, Husband had already gotten up, fed the dog and made himself eggs. He then agreed to make me some eggs as well, but I forgot to take a picture of it. It was super yummy Egg in a Hole toast.
830- Up and attempting to dress and put on my face. Fixing my hair.
900 - Leave the house, dressed and ready for the pumpkin patch. New camera in tow - so I can practice with it.
915 - Arrive at the in-laws to pick up the kid. We change him into a cute button up shirt - to which he throws a fit about having to change. We note that his cheeks are rosy and he is a little warm to touch, as well as extra snotty. Thanks teething. He still has one canine that has yet to poke through the surface. It surely won't be long. After epic meltdown and attempt to get the kid to calm by bribing with fruit snacks and other candy we head out of the house.


We drive to the pumpkin patch, and discuss where it is. Husband pulls off at the little roadside stand area that sells pumpkins. I disagree because how are they going to have camels and ponies here? Text a few friends and find out the exact location. Drive another three miles to more acreage where we find success. Crowded success.
945- We are here! We park and then begin the trek to the pumpkins. Camden is absolutely adorable when he says "Pumpkin" as it comes out like "Punkin". Love it.  He climbs all over them, refusing to hold still for a picture. Of course why would he cooperate? We show him the outdoor hay bale maze for little kids. He insists on going with the Husband first. After that he runs around and around and around, going again and again. We are able to sit on the hay bales and just watch. It was fantastic. We walk around and pet the other animals. Goats, alpacas and even a huge tortise. We show him the darkened maze. He goes in with Husband multiple times before daring to run in alone. He doesn't come out for a long time, so husband sends me in with my iPhone flashlight. I go in and hear people accuse me of "cheating". Ha! I can't find my kid, no judgies! Finally I catch a glimpse of his plaid and I call to him, and of course he runs away from me and towards the exit. I'm slightly irritated but mostly thankful, as it was pretty sweltering in the dark tent with haybales and lots of bodies.


We continue to walk around and look at the ponies and the camels. Camden keeps asking to "ride the pony". Someone walks by us talking to their kid about "riding the pony" and Camden answers her questions with an "OKAY!". We let him pick between pony and camel. He chooses ponies. We head back to pick out the pretty pumpkin we want. It's so stinkin' pretty. We pay for the pumpkin and then also buy a pony ride. Husband carries the big pumpkin all the way back out to the car, while Camden and I wait in the mile long line for the ponies. Finally after what felt like ages, Husband comes back. He takes Camden back to the hay bale maze and to see various things while I continue to wait in line. After what feels like an eternity, it is time. Camden walks up there and like a big boy lets the older gentleman put him on the pony. I ask the pony's name, it's Cherokee a cute little brown and white pony. Camden has on his serious face while riding the pony. In fact, I think he looks downright angry. Apparently that was just his focus face. He was focused the ENTIRE time. He would walk by and I would ask "are you riding the pony?" And all he could do was give me a serious and slow nod. It was adorable. He looked so big up there all by himself! He was so excited to ride them, and then so serious when he was done.  Love that kid.


We finally decide it's time to head out. We walk through the building selling jams and brittle and take a look, and stop and take pictures with some more pumpkins on the way out.
1145 - Finally get back to the car. Decide we should feed the kid before dropping him back off with the in laws.
12 - Arrive at Charlie's Chicken, which seems to be our go to eat out place. It has mashed potatoes, okra and ice cream. That's about all he will eat there. We take turns trying to bribe him into eating, notice he's talking less and less. Must be getting tired. I bust out my camera and fiddle with it while I take some pictures.

A weird Chicken. WTG Charlies!

1245 - Arrive back at in laws. Change Camden into comfy nap clothes and see if he wants anything else to eat before giving him some milk and laying him down.
115 - Tell Husband we better bust a move. We need to head home, let the dog out (since she's been having extra potty problems lately) and change if needed and head out.
215 - After doing all of that we leave the house and run to pick up my Mom at the Mall. We arrive a little early and run into Hallmark so I can get my ornament that goes along with the series I am collecting. Disney/Pixar and this years ornament is from Monsters Inc. We get in line and bust out our ornament card - to which they tell us they expire after two years so we can not add any stamps to it. Well my friends, that is just CHEAP. Who is going to buy 12 ornaments in the span of two years to get ten dollars off one? Not many people. I mean really, Joann's Hallmark. Really? That's just weak.
3- Grab my mom and head out to the casino. My Dad got us tickets to see Jeff Foxworthy and we were pretty excited for the getaway. It started at four and we arrived at 320 or so. Meet up with my dad and he tells us there was an issue with the other tickets, so he managed to use his smooth skills to get us upgraded to SUITE tickets. Yes, that's right! We get up there and there is TONS of food, desserts and drinks. All of it was free. It was fantastic! I nibbled on a little of everything and a couple extra of the desserts. The cake pops? Were moist and perfect, absolutely to die for. Before we knew it, it was showtime!

This is what a free drink looks like.


4- Jeff comes out and begins his show. He's super hilarious, and I love listening to him tell his stories. He swears that most of it is real life and that makes it even better.  A joke that I found really funny was a redneck joke at the end. He said "If your son's name is Dale JR, and your name isn't might be a redneck". HAHAHA!!!
It looks far, but it was awesome. And Suites for the price? WIN.
5:30 - show ended. We already had plans to go to the buffet in the casino - so we went and carb loaded on up. It was SO good, and I was SO full. I ate a fajita, BBQ chicken, chips and queso, and I probably had two dessert plates. It was SO good I had trouble deciding! After the buffet we decided to check out the new part of the casino and so we headed up to check that out and watched my Dad play some video blackjack for an hour or so.
Amazing. You could pick as many as you wanted!

By this point it was about 7:30. We pick up our car from valet, head back to town to pick up our little munchkin. When we arrive all the way across town its close to 8, little man tells us "no, I wanna stay with mama and papa". He loves it over there, it's pretty cute. We drag him out and make it home to watch Bubble Guppies and play with him for a while.
9:30 - Little man goes to sleep.
10:00 - Husband and I follow shortly after. We had a busy evening the night before, and a just as busy day. However, I wouldn't trade it for the world!


  1. What a great mix of kid time & grown-up time for a weekend.

    I need to get out to a pumpkin patch very soon. Although, as I look out the window it's snowing so perhaps we missed the boat on that this year :)

  2. I love that little plaid shirt. Almost makes me wish I had a little boy to dress. :)

  3. I'm impressed that you let him go through the darkened maze alone! I so would've used my flashlight, too. :)

  4. That looks like a fun day! That Dale Jr. joke was funny.:)