Friday, October 7, 2011

A Day in the Life: Sunday, October 2nd.

I debated on whether or not I wanted to chronicle a day in our life. I mean, heck, we aren't that interesting. I knew a day at work was going to be the epitome of boring (Not to mention, HIPPA!!!), so on a whim I decided to do it on our lazy Sunday.

We woke up at 7:15. Camden woke us up, of course.

I made breakfast of waffles and Chris cooked some bacon. This is our leftovers.

10 am - After cleaning the kitchen up, Camden and I went to his room to put up his summer clothes and his clothes that no longer fit. I would be lying if I said I didn't get a little choked up putting away his nine month onesies from last winter. Wasn't that just yesterday?

While Camden and I went through his clothes, husband went outside to work on recaulking and repainting the house for the winter. After we finished up in the bedroom Camden was more than ready to go play outside.

We picked flowers.

We retrieved the watering can from the garage, carried it all the way around the house and watered our plants.

We played with the drain.

my busy boy even knows to shut the gate!

Before we knew it, it was lunch time. Lunch was at 11:15, we had some soup that I threw in the crock pot the night before. It was a super easy recipe and it turned out to be a delicious, creamy soup. (Big thanks to Pinterest for the recipe!!) Since Camden only has two teeth, it seemed ideal for him to eat. He hasn't really been a huge fan of chicken, but the kid made a happy plate after I sat this in front of him.

We've been working on using a spoon when we eat....

That worked for like one bite. Oh well.

After lunch, it was naptime. Husband finally cease and desisted of the hammering so that little one could nap. He napped from noon to 2:15.

During naptime, Husband and I cleaned up our messes, put up laundry, swept and discussed when in the world we thought it would be fun to add another little one to the family. The conclusion? NOT YET. Husband spent the rest of the free time flipping between Nascar and Cowboy football. I played around on the computer, burned a CD and edited some pictures. Before we knew it...we got our beckon from the back of the house.

2:15pm - This is our just woke up from nap face. He fusses so that you are aware that you need to come get him, then turns to smiles.

Note the blankie. He really does look like Linus.

He was excited to see Daddy after nap.

And still yawning...

He begged for a snack, he had a few cornbread crackers from Target. If you have not tried these, beware. They are delicious! Pearl was in on the begging too, and of course she benefitted as well. And the blankie did too.

After snack we gathered our stuff and we went to my in-law's house. We usually visit on Sundays sometime and during the summer we took advantage of swimming. Of course, I forgot my camera so my horrible iPhone pics will have to suffice.

We arrived around 3:30 and played outside. The weather was simply gorgeous. Camden loves wandering the backyard there. We chased him all over and played on the slide a bit.

This is when my Father in law said, "That kid could walk over a watermelon". So true. The doctor reminded me again to take a video and watch it in six months and compare.

We ate dinner around 4:30. It was spaghetti. Camden was not so thrilled with his choices, apparently.

Afterwards Chris got a haircut from his Mom and Camden and I played with all of the toys that stored away in the spare bedroom for this purpose. Camden found the fan to be the most enjoyable.

Then it was time to head home. Little mister was dozing before we were out of the neighborhood. Once home I had to wake him up, bathe him and then put him in his PJs.

Pretty sure he already hates me for this picture. Seriously.

New PJs that were on sale. So cute. I love my little monkey. Again, note the blankie. Little Linus.

7:15 - Camden is in bed after his nightly bottle and mineral oil in his ear. Yes, I said bottle. So sue me. Pretty sure it's one of my favorite times, so I'm not ready to give that up just yet. Mineral oil was just to dislodge the clot.

7:20 - Mom does laundry, Dad makes lunches for the next day.

7:45 - We sit down to watch a little of the Amazing Race.

8:30 - Shower and relax. Throw stuff together for the next day. (i.e.- Make sure Camden's diaper bag is packed, pack work bag)

9:35 - bed.

And there you have it ladies and gents. A day in our life, lazy Sunday style! I slacked and completely forgot to take self portraits! Oops! Better luck next time.


  1. Cute idea! I might need to copy this. ;) Don't feel bad about the bottle...Hudson still has one in the morning and at night. I'M not ready for him to give it up! ;)

  2. Your little guy is adorable! He will hate you for the bath picture, but how could you not take it? :)
    I'm stopping by from the Day in the Life posts.

  3. What a cute little guy you have! I'm having a boy in a few months and have a little girl who is 20 months old... so fun to read about little boys now and think of myself with one!