Monday, September 10, 2012

Finally, a party post.

It was so so so SO much fun. Let me breakdown the party weekend for you.

I busted out of work on Friday in enough time to run to the grocery store, run go get pizza and then get home and pick up some stuff so my co-party throwers and family could come over. They showed up and it was time to eat pizza, and then time to get baking! I started making my oreo Mickey's, and then we busted out making some cakes.

I learned a ton of new tricks. Put parchment paper in the bottom of your pan and oil and flour the sides and you cake will literally fall out of the pan. And then to completely cool it? You need to wrap it loosely in saran wrap and put it in the freezer for a few hours. In fact, you could cook the cakes the day before you wanted to ice them. By wrapping them in saran wrap you keep the moisture in. Who knew? It worked like a charm.
Before we knew it, it was getting late. So what did we do? We busted out a glass or two of wine and kept going! Husbands were in charge of the kids running around like wild banshees, and making sure it was all fun and games, without any accidents. Kids were climbing fences and having a blast, they were so cute. We made the icing from scratch and it was SO good. We were glad to be able to do this so that my co-party thower's eldest could eat everything that was at the party despite his food allergies. Plus? Homemade is WAY better. It is so tasty!

Before we knew it, it was crazy late and the kitchen was a disaster. I threw some stuff in the dishwasher and hit the sack, but not before making a to-do list so I could make sure and grab everything on party day.
Saturday I woke up late. Camden slept WAY in, and it was a rare occasion. Once he was up I turned on some Bubble Guppies so I could finish making things for the party. Finished dipping my oreo Mickey Mouse's, made some dip and packed up all sorts of things for the day. Husband was gone when C and I decided to get up, we elected him in charge of meeting the people at the Grandparents' house so they could decide where to set up the water slide. By the time Husband got home it was time for me to get ready and to start packing the car. We dropped C off at his grandparents so we could finish prepping and they could hopefully put him down for a short nap. 

We set up for the party and before we knew it, people started arriving! Camden initially took some time to warm up to the slide, but after a few times down with Dad, he couldn't get enough. Camden went down the slide over and over with Husband, and the kids were NON STOP on that thing. At one point, Camden and some other little boys were taking a break. Keep in mind Camden was the youngest of the boys at the party. The other boys had little toys that they were using to dig in the dirt. Husband and I were watching from a distance when all of a sudden I had to nudge Husband and practically shout whisper "Get over there and get your son!". See, I had looked up in time to see him scooping up dirt and putting it on an older boys' head. And then getting another handful and rubbing it in. And then? Then he picked up a truck and Husband arrived just before C scraped the car across the kids scalp like he was trying to do. I mean, seriously. Little boy is already bullying kids bigger than him!! 

Then Camden needed to top that incident. A short time after the dirt escapade little C decided while sitting on a lawn chair that it was necessary to poop. And poop he did. And somehow it came out of the netting of his swimsuit and out into the lawn chair. I had no idea it had even happened, I walked up to my awesome Mother in Law hosing Camden and his swim suit off. At this time, I cannot even say if this was MY lawn chair or someone else's that Camden was sitting on. Oops. Haha talk about a Party Pooper!

After most of the party goers left, it was time for more family sliding. And we all went down together and had a blast after every one else left. Over and over and over again we went. It was so much fun! Camden was so tired, and so cold that he was shaking, but he would get to the bottom and ask and sign for "MORE"! We slid until it was time for clean up and then we waited on the guy to come pick the slide up. It was very worth our deal and so much fun. I wish more adults would have done it cause that thing was AWESOME! We got to grandmas house at noon, left around eight. 

By the time we got home we passed out pretty quickly.

Sunday we woke up and headed to church. We did our volunteering and listened to fabulous message about not giving up in your marriage. It was so well spoken thats for sure! We came home and I took a nap, because I definitely felt like I had been hit by a bus. I had whiplash in my neck even! After nap we went to my inlaws and did some more swimming, then grocery store and then before I knew it, it was my bedtime since I labored on Labor Day.

And that was my Labor Day/2nd birthday party weekend in a nutshell. It was SO incredibly fun. I can't wait to do it again! And I can't believe my baby is TWO! 


  1. A huge water slide sounds like a total blast! What a great idea.

  2. Where are the pictures? I know someone took some, maybe not great ones but pictures. ;-)