Friday, August 31, 2012

Party Planning and Sheldon


I have spent the past few weeks prepping for Little C's birthday party that is coming up. I am LOVING preparing for it. Searching pinterest and collaborating with my co-party thrower has been SO MUCH fun. I must say we have pretty good ideas and it should be a pretty cute party. I can't wait to enjoy the special day with our birthday kids.
In fact, I think I'm going to be sad when it's all over. Making little C's bithday special is something that I actually really enjoy. We have banners made, subway art and other decorations. We are making birthday cakes and desserts the night before, hoping for no issues! ;)
The only other thing we need to cooperate? Is the weather. Hurricane Issac is trying to make things difficult. Even though the storm is only moving at 6mph as of early Thursday, apparently they think it will swing wide enough to get a little bit of Oklahoma. Supposedly it's moving faster by Thursday afternoon and we will get rain FRIDAY instead. Praying that there is a minimal chance of rain on Saturday, otherwise the water slide people will not come to set it up. Fingers crossed!
Other than that, I have no Sheldon updates. It's been a week, and nothing new. I am waiting on a phone call for my referral. I have all of my scans and my report in hand, I just need another appointment. That's the hard part, the waiting. I just want to see someone and be done with all this. I really think I came home with a headache after that first scan. I mean, would that throw the whole thing off? Could it be a precursor for something else? Ah. Only time will tell.
Other than that, not much else going on. Preparing for the great bake off tonight, and a party Saturday. I can't believe we are celebrating his SECOND year!!

3 comments:

  1. I think the waiting would be really, really difficult. You seem to be doing so well with keeping your spirits up and your mind occupied in a useful way. Keeping my fingers crossed and sending positive vibes your way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prayers and thoughts constantly with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was behind on my blog reading!!!!!!
    Sorry friend. I will keep you in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete