Sunday, December 11, 2011

Ramblings...

I still can't believe how fast the holidays approach. Blink, and they are here and gone.

Sometimes I wish Christmas were in February. Maybe I wouldn't hate winter if I had something to look forward to all winter long.

Instead, it just starts to get cold and the holidays fly past, then we are left with another three months of bitter cold. No family gatherings to look forward to with home cooked meals. Usually just flu season and saltines. Blah.

Anyway...despite my utter hatred towards cold weather, everything was really put into perspective for me the other day.

I was cleaning out my closet, gathering items I don't wear enough to be donated to Goodwill. As I filled two trash bags of shirts and pants, I couldn't believe how much was STILL in my closet. In fact, you couldn't even tell I had taken out two trash bags worth. How blessed am I? To have a closet full of clothes? A roof over my head and a warm bed to sleep in? An adorable little son sleeping in the next room as I clean my closet out?

Sometimes God chooses the most interesting times to slap me upside the head with realization of how good he is.

This was one of those times.

No comments:

Post a Comment